The mission of the historic Grand Theater in Downtown Ellsworth is to enrich the lives of people in Downeast and Eastern Maine by presenting diverse, unique, high-quality programs that provide entertaining, artistic, educational and social experiences.
To be the anchor cultural organization for Downeast and Eastern Maine by presenting exciting and diverse visual and performing arts and education programs of the highest quality. Our commitment includes stewardship of this historically significant theater in Ellsworth, Maine.
- To offer high-quality, accessible programs.
- To provide opportunities through membership, volunteerism, and experience.
- To draw visitors to our region and contribute to its social and economic vibrancy.
- To responsibly operate a theater with adequate resources to fulfill its mission.
- To serve as fiscally and environmentally responsible stewards of the historic Grand Theater.
- To provide staff with a rewarding work environment and appropriate wages.
- To provide a range of artistic and cultural programs that enable patrons to experience the familiar and the new, the contemporary and the classic.
- To foster an appreciation of the arts and theatre through education and outreach.
- To be a resource that celebrates the diversity of our world and region.
- To be inclusive and welcoming, a cultural home for all.